Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Summer Vacation

I was lucky enough to spend two weeks in Ireland at the beginning of the summer.   Down the road from where I stayed was Long's Horse Riding so, I got in a couple of treks during my trip.  They have beautiful Irish Cobs in all sizes and colors.  The Irish Cob is a very compact, stocky and powerful breed that is known for its docile and willing nature.  They have feathered legs, a luxuriant mane and tail and can be any solid color, including greys and roans, as well as pinto.


This guy is a beautiful example of a an Irish Cob.   Don't you just want to squeeze him!?   When the sun shown on him he had the most gorgeous dapples!


My first trek was an a short trip down to the beach for an invigorating gallop down the strand and back.  Unfortunately, during our first pass I was stuck behind a pony and had to keep holding my horse from running up the pony's backside.  (darn those ponies and their short strides!)  When we turned around I was able to get in front of the pony and just let my horse go.  Great fun!  There is nothing like a gallop on the beach!


My second trek was on this guy, King.  What a handsome man!  We went on a mountain ride and had a wonderful canter up the mountain you can see in the back.


What a beautiful view!  I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment